John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Thursday, January 3, 2013

IM Training Day 4

Day 4 and only managed 1/2 of the workout. There was no way I could get the swim in excluding hiring a sitter. Worked till 3:45 and husband did not get home until 5:45, and I had basketball ... blah, blah.

Raced home and got on my bike after practice. Kiera even said, "Aren't you tired from the day?" I replied: "Of course, but earning my IM title is more than just on race day." Sounded better than it felt.

I am not going to lie, it was a HUGE disappointment not getting my swim in today. I am currently deciding if I do it tomorrow or follow the plan. Thoughts?

Lake Placid Bike Course
Bike: 30 mins Z1 (100+ RPM) and my lady bits were sore from yesterday. About 10 minutes in and everything felt smoothed. Husband didn't complain today just turned the volume up. I was bored, wished I had company and sort of drifted into the: how in the world am I going to ride on the trainer for longer periods of time? Yuck!

Tomorrow's workout is: Run 30 mins Z2 which seems like a great way to end the week. After all, Run is my first love!

3 comments:

Ironmom (Julie) said...

Follow the plan. Think about months from now when you are at the starting line. Did a single swim on Day 4 have any significant impact on your fitness? It's definitely not worth the risk of injuring or exhausting yourself by doubling up on workouts at this early stage.

Kerrie said...

I agree with Julie. Stick with the plan.

gba_gf said...

I'm with Julie too, and I'm glad you're back!