1. So as T revealed in her blog... I DID pronounce her name wrong at National. I called her: "Ton-ya" not:
2. G doesn't have this little pixie voice that I thought she would. By no means is she a man... but definitely not the voice I was expecting out of her. It was strong and confident. And seriously GBA!
3. There was NO bloggy weirdness, you know since I had only met her for like a minute at National. Seriously G, took me into her house, introduced me to her family like I was a long lost cousin... it was awesome. Her family is ADORABLE... her one dog... a little GBA, and her kids... yeah, I could have eaten them up!
G offered up Sushi as an option I was thrilled. Having been a Sushi virgin, I was nervous but knew that G and T wouldn't lead me astray... and it was yummy! I felt like I ate TONS and I will definitely be heading back.
5. The dinner conversation flowed naturally and it wasn't just because there was wine involved. I did pose a question, "Tell me something I don't know about you from your blog" and their answers were interesting... you are gonna have to stop by the Glen to find out for yourself.
6. Secrets were revealed and I am just so excited. Sorry.... can't say any more.
7. We talked a little Tri strategy (hey... did you know that T can and does coach triathletes too?) They calmed my nerves a little... suggested I practice transition (why didn't I think of that).
8. The Glen is similar to Rockville. I mean it is strange to be over 100 miles from home and literally feel like I was just up the street. I wish Congress would relocate and we could move there. Hey, my husband keeps asking me why I don't run with chicks... maybe the next time he says that I will have to say... let's move to The Glen.
9. We planned to meet at 5:30am for the run in Twin Hickory. It was a nice neighborhood and the sun was still sleeping. We had an easy five, but I am afraid we pushed G past her doctor's orders. It was nice... better than nice. I never run with women, and honestly, I have never gotten along with other women. I liked running with them and think maybe I could get used to running with GBA chicks.
|After our run in the TH with T, 3L (not pictures) and G.|
10. Before we started our run, G handed me a CD... a little internal joke. You see at National we had a plan to meet up in the parking lot. To quote G, "We will be the ones in the beige minivan listening to hardcore rap music". I think I was in love when she said that but since the marathon was a logistical nightmare, it never happened. The CD... yeah.... HARDCORE.... well, except the last one song... G - What was up with that one? Not hardcore, but I was dancing like a Queen!
It was an awesome trip... the conference, not so much. Read T's version HERE.