Besides just the whole endurance thing, packing for three sports in HARD. Here is what my awesome TRI bag looks like (oh... that's ATHENA behind it):
I might be able to zip it shut.... well, I am sure I can. And it weighs almost as much as me. Here is what is in it:
1. Bike shoes
2. Running shoes
3. 2 pairs of socks
4. bike gloves
6. 2 trash bags (because it rained ALL DAY today)
7. 2 towels
9. 2 Gu gels
10. 2 water bottles/2 gatorades
11. race belt
14. Pam spray
16. change of clothes for after
17. camera (cause you all want to see pics, right?)
18. Garmin (well, it is charging, but will add it in the morning)
19. windbreaker (for ride and possible run if it is chilly)
20. wallet (photo id so I can get my number)
And I am sure I am forgetting something. But by this time tomorrow, I will be a Triathlete - pretty sweet, huh?
1. Enjoy it - since this is my first Tri, I want to just feel comfortable completing each stage. I'm sure I will over analyze what I did wrong in another post.
2. Times: Swim (750 m) - no more than 25 minutes, Bike (12 miles) - no more than 55 minutes, Run (5k) - no more than 27 minutes. I also would like my transitions to be under 2.
3. Give it my all - I do not want to finish and feel: "coulda, shoulda, woulda", you know? I want to give it my all and see how my body handles it.... even if it makes me puke!
So my friends... this is it. I'm going to hit the sack, try to sleep.... and hope to have an awesome race report for you soon!