I am excited about my training and I am nervous about the heat. It is hard to run with this humidity, but I have faith that my body will get used to it. I am also contemplating running in the wee hours of the morning... before the sun comes up. Not ideal... nor particularly safe, but I do not think I can manage pushing the baby and jogger in 90 degree heat with the humidity. I might try it this week and see how it feels to run at 4am. My husband gets up then and leaves by 5 to go to work. I can get at least 6 miles done in an hour. And the best thing is that I am never more than a 1/2 mile from my house if I stay in my neighborhood.. Okay, one point would be like 3/4 of a mile, but I only go down that way once.
Better yet, I have many friends in the neighborhood... so if someone stalks me, I will just run to their house. I hope they won't mind the 4 in the morning wake up call if I am in danger. Maybe I should give them a heads up first. LOL!
Goals for May:
- Get at least 40 miles per week (current average 36)
- Get my long runs to 14 miles (currently 12)
- Finish P90X
- Try running early morning (at least once) - need to get reflective gear
- Tall Moms Virtual 5k - 5/5
- Germantown 5 miler - 5/15
- Rock Your Socks Virtual 10k (or 1/2 marathon) - b/t 5/21-5/23
- Jeremy's Run 5k - 5/31
Have any goals that you want to share?