- I cannot blog and eat! I am amazed at how many times I have made a meal to sit down in from of the TV (psst... one of things that I gave up for Lent) and said, "Oh, I will catch up on blog world instead" - only to find myself trying to type a comment one handed or pushing stuff around on my desk to set my bowl/plate/dish. It is harder than I thought. The good thing is that since it is hard, I am not consuming too much. My lunch has recently been a bowl of soup with crackers or some sort of light carb.... but now, I am just eating my soup and drinking my water.
- I am not missing TV that much. Instead of making a big deal out of it or telling my hubby or children to turn it off, I leave the room. As a result, my house is cleaner and my reading is coming along beau-ti-fully!
- I am actually not missing Facebook (*gasp) at all (except for missing out on an extra entry in most giveaways). Not sure why, but maybe it will be easier to spend less time on FB after Lent.
- I have to admit that it is hard to not text or email on my cell phone, but it is kinda of nice to be free of it.
- I DO MISS MY SCALE! But it is probably for the better that I am not weighing myself multiple times during the day. I do feel thinner because of the running and P90X, but I if I end the Lenten season having not gained, I will be pleased--- if I lose weight, I will be OVER THE MOON!
I do know one thing, my devotional scripture today was:
"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8 NRSVAnd so, I will put my faith COMPLETELY in you Lord (or as humanly possible).