Week # 3 of P90X starts today:
Wednesday: Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Thursday: Plyometrics; run 3-5 miles
Friday: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Saturday: Yoga X (finish it); run 4-6 miles
Sunday: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Monday: Kenpo X - run 5 miles
Tuesday: X Stretch (rest)
As for last week, what is in green was completed and red was what was added:
Monday: P90X - Kenpo X
Tuesday: P90X - X Stretch; run 3-5 miles
Wednesday: P90X - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Thursday: P90X - Plyometrics; run 3-5 miles
Friday: P90X - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Saturday: P90X - Yoga X (finish it); run 4-6 (3.5) miles
Sunday: Rest - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Monday: Kenpo X, ran 4.5 miles
Tuesday: X Stretch
So I think I deserve better than last week's "C". I'll give myself a "B+" for P90X (although I did all of the workouts, I could have given it more intensity) and a "B-" for the running.
I did not make it to the gym yesterday to run on the mill because I went to a church dinner. And tonight, I have the Ash Wednesday service, so I will be cranking those miles out later in the week when hubby comes home.
Check out our icicle. Hubby wants me to take it down, but my son wants to see how long it gets (hopefully without pulling the gutter off). Brock wakes up everyday to go and check it. It is currently longer than he is tall.
- Scale - I have been weighing myself everyday. It is taking over. so, good bye for 40 days.
- FaceBook - I spend way to much time on there and I do not even play those silly games. I hope I do not miss out on too many giveaways since I won't be able to become a fan on FB for 40 days - auf Wiedersehen
- Cell phone email and texting - I have a really cool phone thanks for my friend A. I can surf the web, send and receive email, text... etc. Well, I am always on my phone (even guilty of checking email while driving - thankfully, I have smart children who tell me to stop). People try to have converstaions with me and it rings, or beeps, or make some sort of noise to let me know "I got mail!" So, Zai Jian! (I will try to only use my cell phone for emergencies... not just to chat with people).
- Television - I know this is crazy since the Olympics is on and all of the series I watch are in full swing... but there are ALWAYS reruns... and as for the Olympics, I will just have to settle for the results. Dasvidania ole telly!
- Friday's meals - Yes, I am going to fast on Fridays. Since I work at a church, I celebrate my Sabbath on Fridays... so for 4 weeks, I will not eat on Fridays. I will drink water and if I am getting dangerously light headed, I will eat a small amount of bread. I have fasted before, but usually just one meal. Obviously, I won't be running on Fridays. Adiós Friday meals.
So, what am I adding? Reading - I have many books about youth ministry and ministry that I just haven't been able to find the time. Now, I have plenty! I will be reading in no particular order:
- Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
- It's Not about Me by Max Lucado
- Listening for God by Marilyn Hontz
- Enjoy the Silence by Robbins and Robbine
- Divine Obession by Rob Hensser
- Second Guessing God by Brian Jones
- Deep Ministry in a Shallow World by Chap Clark and Kara Powell
Are giving anything up for Lent? Are you adding anything? How are you experiencing the season of Lent?