- My husband surprised me by coming home a day early. Too bad I ruined his surprise because I had decided to go to Potomac Running Store in Rockville (more on that later), the library and take the kids out to dinner. When my cell phone rang and the number read, "Home", I got really nervous - who is in my house and why are they calling me?
- A bonus to #1, my husband decided to take today off, so we will do P90X - Plyometrics this morning and I will be able to run this afternoon! Yay!
- Another bonus to #1 and #2, was the early morning conversation in bed with hubby. I shared with him all of things that I had given up for Lent and we had a REAL conversation. After yesterday's post, I got several comments about the Fasting, 3 emails, and had 4 conversations with friends about it not being a good idea. Most had wonderful points and thus, I have decided to forgo #5 on my Lent give-up list. I agree with all of the advice: it is just not healthy to fast the entire day while in an intense strength training program (P90X) and while picking up my running again. I know it is only 4 Fridays, but this is just not the best time to do it. I haven't decided what I am going to add in its place yet but will keep you posted.
- Friends - I am thankful that my friends are willing to tell me the truth. I appreciate your advice and will totally count you in the future!
- Blog World - I love reading every one's blog updates - borderline obsessed. I feel like I know you - at least the part of you that you share. I talk about you as if I do know you. How many of you have said this, "My friend is ...." and you were talking about something a blog "friend" posted? I am doing this all of the time. It is CRAZY because I do not know you, but it is so natural. Thank you for being here for me, for sharing your struggles, achievements, advice. Even though I "lost" a follower yesterday - LOL!
- I started Enjoy the Silence by Robbins and Robbins last night. AWESOME! I am so looking forward to meditation on it during my afternoon run. It is a book about listening for God.
I had a very cool visit to the Potomac Running Store yesterday. I will update later about that experience.