John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Lying to be Perfect"

We got official 5.8 inches of snow yesterday. It snowed over 5 hours longer than they thought it would. Everyone who knows me... knows how much I do not like the snow. I do not ski. I do not go ice-skating. I do not do anything in the cold... but I am going to run.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make it to church (but I did watch a really cool preacher on TV this morning). For breakfast I ate my normal breakfast: 4 egg whites, 3 cups of spinach, a 1/2 mini bagel with 1/2 t of peanut butter, and 1T of cheese. And it is tons of food! I am always full... but it is better to start with a larger meal.

Did anyone watch the Lifetime movie last night called: "Lying to be Perfect"? I really enjoyed it... and it had many powerful one liners in it. The first one that I liked was: Don't Try, Don't Fail. I think many people including myself, fight this mantra. We are afraid to put ourselves out there and risk failure. But failing is okay. I have failed at many things. And those failures have made me stronger in a sense. When I broke past those failures and tried again and again and again, I became successful. I know that I can do it this time. It is hard to explain... but it is euphoric. I am going to run a marathon, again. I am going to compete in a Tri... maybe even an Ironman one day. I just feel it this time.

The most powerful one liner was: You cannot demand change, you must inspire it. Oh... how I want to be patient enough to allow this to happen. I want others to see my success and trust that they too can do it. It is hard to just wait... but waiting is what allowed my husband to jump on board. And he has been successful and we can rejoice together.

Did anyone see this movie? What did you think? How do you combat your failures and gain strength the begin again?

1 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Didn't see the movie (no cable TV) but I definitely fear failure too, have gotten stronger from having failed and felt the euphoria when I've finally succeeded. Keep putting yourself out there and thanks for the comment on my indoor marathon post!