John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Friday, January 29, 2010

A little bling for my feet!













My first review (a girl needs a little practice, doesn't she?) is of the Reebok EasyTone Reinspire.

I had researched some of the other brands but most of them just looked funny. I saw these shoes in black and brown and they reminded me of bowling shoes. When I saw that they came in silver and gold (more like brown), I had to have the silver ones. And they arrived looking just like the ad... My first thought, "I hope they fit, I want a little bling for my feet!" My husband said, "What are those?!?" It just confirmed the fact that men have no sense of style.

Despite what the reviews said, I ordered a size and half larger than my foot. I learned this trick from the running store after I complained about always getting blisters. Your feet need room to expand as you exercise. For me the size and half larger have always worked. So, I usually wear size 7 but got these in size 8.5. I probably could have gone with an 8, but I haven't had any problems with the 8.5. They cost $100 but I found a $25 off coupon in my running magazine, so I got them for $75 plus shipping. (It may seem expensive, but my running shoes are $84).

After my first step, I thought, "Wow... I feel bouncy!" I wore them around the house for two days (just in case I needed to return them) and they made me "bounce" around the house. It was sort of fun. I decided to take the baby for a walk on the 3rd day and we did 3 miles in them. The bounce continued in my step outside on the hard concrete sidewalks and pavement. After I finished the walk, I felt like I could feel it in my calves and hamstrings more than with my regular running shoes. I thought perhaps I had just fallen for the sales ad, so thus began my month trial with them.

Verdict: I still love them. I am not sure whether I am really working my bum like they say it will, but I can definitely feel it in other areas. I have worn these to walk, run, and even workout at the gym. I know that these will not replace my running shoes in the least bit, but I wear them when I am not in heels or in my running shoes. I think they look cute with jeans or workout clothes. I get so many compliments about my shoes, that I feel like Reebok should be paying me advertising fees. As far as the price, I'll get back to you. If they hold up then they are worth it. Some reviews I read on line indicated they fall apart fast. Not so far, but I have only worn them for a month.

Have you tried these shoes? Let me know... I am curious to read other opinions.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Whether they tone your behind or not, I think theyre worth it just for the "bling" effect. Too cute! :)

Syl said...

Hi Jen,
The only advice I would have is keep doing it! I'm going to be brutally honest with you because this has been my experience, I considered myself quiet fit until I turned on these DVD's. i have just started the weight training, I have been a cardio queen thus far. The workouts have been very hard for me, but I committed to the 90 days and I'm going to do it.

I think the best advice I have to offer you is to do your best and keep going back. I'm not 100% accurate with all the moves, I have to sometimes modify but I'm getting through. I already feel a difference in my body and I am feeling alot stronger. I start week 3 on Monday.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, either on my blog or you can email me, my email is on my blog as well!

Thanks for stopping by!

Katie said...

Thanks for the meal idea! :] It does sound extremely "interesting" but I will take your word and give it a shot! I'm sure it will be good!

I haven't tried those specific shoes, but I have worn similar and absolutely loved them. I will have to try these out.

Carly said...

Great review. I love the silver...very blingy.

Teamarcia said...

Congrats on the weightloss! I too like the silver! Enjoy!

chris mcpeake said...

great shoes are a must