John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Marathon Training Day 3

I ran. Yup. I did a modified Marathon Training Day 3 workout. It called for a 3 m run, but since I didn't couldn't do the 6 mile run yesterday, I opted to a 4 mile run this morning on Milles. I wanted to run outside, but figured if my knee started to both me, it would be easier to not have to walk home.

The run went as follows:

Mile 1 warm up: 9:00 pace
Mile 2-3: 8:30 pace
Mile 4 cool down: 9:00 pace

My stitches felt tight in the beginning but by the time Mile 1 was over, I didn't even feel the stitches. The 2 miles at an 8:30 pace felt very hard on Milles, but it is because I have been neglecting the challenge of Milles these last couple of weeks. I think I could have managed another mile at 8:30 pace, but did not want to push it. The last mile at 9:00 pace felt easy.

And about 30 minutes later, my stitched area started ache.... like considerably more than it did yesterday. So I am happy I did not push another mile but THRILLED that I was able to run 4 miles without major pain.

As I type this I am icing the area. No swelling appears, but so far, I only missed one day of training... I know, it is only Day 3. Tomorrow is a 6 mile pace run... I'm a little nervous because I am not sure what my pace should be for the marathon. I'm thinking 9:30 and I am pretty sure I can manage that on Milles.

And if you have time (and you haven't read Racing with Babes blog today) go HERE and read it. LOVE its awesomeness and she took the words right out of my mouth!!!! Love ya, T!