3. I am trying to decide on my goal pace for the National Half Marathon on March 26th. TriGuru is running it, albeit fast. I imagine he will maintain a 8-8:15 pace or even faster. I am not sure I can maintain that pace for 13 miles, nor do I want to slow him down, but it would be fun trying! Also, Bob is also running the half and he is doing the the run:walk, Galloway method. I could just go out and go with the way I feel and if be a GBA is in the cards, it will show. It is 3 weeks before my first Sprint Tri, so I do not want to do something stupid like injure myself. Thoughts?
4. I am running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler the Sunday after the National Half Marathon. I heard it is a very crowded race so I my goal is to enjoy it and the view. TriGuru is also running this, so I could try to hang with him for this race and not the Half... or do I go GBA and attempt to hang with him for both?
5. I am throwing my name into the hat for PTA President. I know; crazy, right? But I have the time and the energy and I really think I can make a difference (save the world). My only Fall commitment so far is the Richmond Marathon as Bob's pacer, but if I LOVE Tris, then I would not mind attempting a 1/2 IM. Will this interfere with my training?
6. Finally, I have people tell me ALL of the time (after they find out that I have lost 80+ lbs), I cannot imagine you over weight. Should I carry a Fat pic in my purse to whip out on a whim for the naysayers? Would that be encouraging or just bragging?
7. I almost forgot, McDonald's has their Shamrock shake right now... can you just say YUM! Definitely need to stay away from them because I could drink one EVERYDAY... then I wouldn't be needing before pics, right?