John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stomach Flu & Skirt Love Winner

So Friday, my stomach felt "off" all day. It kind of felt like morning sickness (and NO I am not pregnant). I managed through the expo, even at lunch, but something just wasn't feeling right. I decided it was just nerves, but by 5pm, I was feeling AWFUL! By 7pm, I had chills and sweats, low fever, and my body ached ALL OVER. Ugh.... finally around 3am I started to vomit and feel much better.... but I did not get much sleep?
What would you have done: stayed in bed or raced? Find out what I did on Monday.

Oh and I do not want to forget to announce the winner of the runningskirt.com. First THANK YOU to all of you who entered and who became new followers. I hope you stick around for some laughs, tears and maybe even some encouragement.

Random.org selected comment number:


Which was:
Sarah AJ said... 
I run exclusively in skirts when it's warm enough. I finally got rid of all my running shorts when I realized I hadn't worn a single pair in over two years!
So Sarah AJ: Congrats and email me at hahleewude @ verizon {dot} net   your snail mail address and I can get it shipped off to you ASAP.

10 comments:

Sarah AJ said...

Yay, I'm so excited! I hope you're feeling better.

RunningFromCancer said...

Hope you are feeling better. Nothing worse than getting sick right before a race.

ajh said...

When I was vomiting and vomiting before my race on New Year's (I was not drinking) I was sure during the night that I would get up and race. But when I did not get up the next day because I was still vomiting and so sick I did not race. So I am going with that. But I didn't feel better after I got sick because it just kept happening.

*~*~* Tracy said...

I'm so sad to hear you are sick! I hope it passes quickly and you feel better very soon.

I would race unless I couldn't stand or walk so I'm guessing you showed up and gave it all you had.

Melissa Cunningham said...

oh! feel better sooon!!!!!
if it were me,i would have stayed in bed. im am such a BABY when it comes to stomach stuff. give me strep throat,a cold,a broken hand....but throwups??? gah!
anyways... im assuming you showed up and race,if i had to take a guess!
looking forward to seeing what you did!

Run with Jess said...

Hope you feel better soon!
I just have to go and buy that skirt myself... I've fallen in love with the thought of it!!

Unknown said...

UUUgghhhhH Thats a tough one--I guess it would depend on how awful I felt.
Can't wait to find out what happened...

Congrats to Sarah!! :)

Nicole Orriƫns said...

Ehm... if at all possible I probably would have gone out for a run. But only because I know running always makes me feel better.

I'm curious to find out what you did!

Hope you feel better.

http://www.momshomerun.blogspot.com

A Prelude To... said...

I'm guessing you ran!...and did great!

I really wanted that skirt...Congrats to Sarah!

coach dion said...

I would run, but that is me. If you run make sure you drink lots...