After looking at my totals for the week, I was quite disappointed that I have barely run 5 miles this week. WHY?
|My last skirt race till Spring|
2. I have been cross training everyday - P90X style. I wake up normally just after 4am and instead of rolling over, I get out of my warm bed (remember, the house is still warm) and head to the basement (not as warm as my bedroom for sure) and pop in a DVD and "do my best and forget the rest!"
3. I have met a friend, WondeR, at the gym for two "personal" sessions. I cannot call them personal training sessions because I am not certified and really have no idea what I am talking about. What I can give her is companionship, tough love (think - more intensity, and "Come on, you can do two more"), proper form (from what I read and my own sessions with a trainer), and accountability - after all, being accountable to some one is VERY important. (So I need to go back to posting my weekly goals)
4. I had planned to swim 3x this week but only made it once. It was my first 1/2 mile swim without stopping to take a break. It renews my love for the pool, and yes, I still feel comfortable in my new suit!
5. I had planned to get on the bike at the gym 3x this week too, but again, only made it once... my furthest on a bike in a couple years - 5 miles. My right quad started to hurt after, but it should not have prevented me from getting on the bike - after all, I was at the gym. And I still have not purchased a bike. I am going to another store this morning and hope my decision will be clear so I can make the purchase!!!!!
I miss the pavement. I miss just getting out there, early and getting my miles on. The above list is just excuses for not getting out there. TriGuy wanted to run today and I said, but I am racing tomorrow. Seriously, a 10k has made me taper to only 5 miles this week? I think I ran more than that the week before my marathon.
I think it has a lot to do with balance. I am used to balancing my mileage and family. But to try and prepare for a Triathlon is going to take LOTS of work. I want to start a plan in January for an April Sprint Tri, but I am also running a 1/2 marathon in March (sorry ladies, did not sign up for Nations Marathon, chose the 1/2) and entered a lottery for a 10-miler that is the weekend after the 1/2 marathon.
Looking back at the week, I think stressing about getting my run, swim, and bike on (not to mention getting ready for Christmas, working, and finishing up my classes - have lots of essays due by Monday and next Saturday), I ended up not getting "enough" in. The scale even has gone up. Not by a lot (okay this morning is was up by 3 lbs) and my clothes don't feel tighter, but I liked see the number below 120 for a while.
Where do I go from here?
1. Try my best to rock the 10k tomorrow (praying the ran/snow holds off)
2. Post my weekly goals.
3. Step out of the warmth because once I get out, I am good.
How do you cope with training for multiple events and getting your run on in the cold?