John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Usually I am a leader, but I decided to post a Three Things Thursday... and be a follower. Here I go:

1. In calculating my miles for the year, I realized that after today's run, I am at 1449. Shucks! 1500 miles would have been sweet... and despite thinking about it, I cannot do 51 miles tomorrow... and yes, I really did stop to think about it.

2. Vacation is almost over. While I love that my kids and husband are home, it throws me COMPLETELY off of my routine. I mean, sleeping in till 7am - GASP! Laundry is building up, horrible snacky food is in the pantry and fridge, and it seems like by the time I get one room clean, the next one is a disaster - AND do not get me started on the basement. If you cannot see the mess, is it really there?

3. I have spent two nights with great girl friends. The kids and I had a sleep over with C & C last night, and I had an awesome meal with WondeR tonight! And I realized that I miss my girlfriends. I need to make more time for them. I can multitask like the best mom out there and manage to get tons of running in, but when it comes to making time to spend with good friends - I fall short... way short. (Hmmm... might be a New Years Resolution in the making).

8 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

I agree that making time for girlfriends is so important! Friends give us something that nothing else can. I try really hard to make time at least once a month to be with girlfriends, my mom included. Hope you dig out of that laundry build up! Funny how vacation can be so wonderful but yet it is still awesome to get back to a routine...my kids have had more t.v this week than they ever get on normal days. :)

XLMIC said...

I love your three things... 1... glad you saw the light and aren't tempted to try that one! 2... sitting right there with you! 3... always need to make MORE time for friends!

Happy New Year to you! Wishing you an amazing 2011!

Unknown said...

i've been off and my laundry is piling up too. what is up with that?!?

Terri said...

It is tough to make time to do things with friends, and it is so important! Oh, and I don't even want to talk about the house - ugh!

Rene' said...

oh...the laundry is the worst! my laundry room is in the basement so it is easy to just leave it down there:) good for you for going out with your gfriends. i love my friends and it is hard to get together sometimes, but it is so important! Happy New Year my friend!

ajh said...

Oh I love my routine! Have a healthy 2011!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Every time I go out with my friends I always have such a blast and think, "I definitely need to do this more often," yet it never seems to make it on the schedule.

RunningFromCancer said...

I know how you feel about hitting that 1500 marke - I am close to biking 1000 miles for the year and although that was NOT a goal of mine . . . it sure would have been sweet to accomplish. But with 74 miles still to go and a really busy week I just knew I would not be able to hit that mark . . . but heck I did bike further than I have ever biked before. And I am sure that 1449 is a record for you . . . remember records don't have to be even!

Enjoy the remaining time home with the family and remember that they are probably not worried about the mess in the basement . . . they are having fun!