1. Family: I know this is an obvious one... but sometimes after all of the pulling and needing, I take them for granted.
- My daughter, Kiera, HAS to be right next to me ALL of the time. She is 7. Most of the time it is so annoying and I feel myself wanting to scream: "Go away!" Thankfully, I don't. I am thankful that she loves me and wants to be right near me. In a few years, she will want nothing to do with me... and I will crave these moments (at least that is what I keep telling myself) Here she is "holding" up the tree that Lyle is cutting down.
- My son, Brock, who is currently obsessed... I mean OBSESSED with Super Mario Brothers that it is killing me. He has many obsessions and most of them he stays with for a while (thankfully). His 6th birthday is coming up on Oct. 23rd and he wants a Super Mario Brother's theme. Invitations went out yesterday... and I am coming up with some great ideas... it is taking my mind away from the marathon. I am thankful that Brock is smart, and that he is an individual. Despite all of the other Kindergartners who are obsessed with "normal" things... he likes what he likes and is happy to tell you why. BTW: He is being Luigi for Halloween - at least this week.
- My husband, Lyle, who tolerates my running obsession, my unclean house (I cannot believe how dirty it is getting because I feel like I have no time these days), and my mood swings (literally, I want to quit school and my job every-other-day). Our 9th Anniversary is on the 20th... and I plan to get him just want he craves - time with me. (BTW: he chopped down this tree with an axe and saw - it was over 30 feet high)
- it pays well for the work that I do - just having a job these days is a blessing
- it is something that I am successful at, so I feel rewarded
- it allows me to have "extra" money for splurges like knee high socks
- I get to work from home 80% of the time and basically set my own hours in the office
4. School - Oh, how I dread the work and readings and take home exams... but I am learning so much. I love that Seminary is opening my mind up to so much and allowing me to explore God's word more thoroughly. I am meeting interesting people and making new friends... I feel like I am Jen Green, not just a mom and a wife... I am thankful that I had the money for this semester and pray that money "appears" for next semester!
What are you thankful for today?