John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Thursday, June 24, 2010

MIA and Thankful Thursday

I know... I have been MIA lately. It is hard to believe that I used to write blogs everyday (sometimes twice a day), but since the kids have been home from school, I just haven't found the time. I have made time to keep up with your posts and comment on some... but I have decided to MAKE time for the blog.

Running:

It has been VERY hot here. In preparations of my marathon training, I have been consistent with the runs, but just haven't gone long distances. I think my average is 4.5 miles during the week. I have also started to cross train in the pool. I did 1000 m on Tuesday. This of course was broken up during each adult swim. My kids serve as my lap counters... so I can keep an "eye" on them while I swim. I haven't gotten to the part where I am timing myself yet... but will start on Monday (official marathon training start day).

Tonight, Bob and I will run 6 miles in King Farm (a nice neighborhood near us). I have missed running with him. It has been a week. He did send me some videos from him phone that he took, but we will attempt them with a real video camera this week. We are also planning to go to DC and run along the Potomac for our long run this Saturday. My husband doesn't understand why we need to drive to run, but I know that you all understand how mundane the same course can be.

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday, my darling daughter, Kiera, turned 7. I cannot believe how time flies. It seems like just yesterday. We had a great day.

It started off that I DID NOT want to have a birthday party when her friends. Don't shoot me: I just think that birthday parties here in MoCo, MD have been taken over board... we once got a $20 gift card to Toys-R-Us in our goodie bag - see what I mean... OVER THE TOP!

I told Kiera that we did not need to have a party - that she could invite her friends over any time. She really wanted to take a friend to get a pedicure (yeah - my fault... so I can go, I let her get a mini-pedi too sometimes). I agreed that she could take ONE friend... and then the dilemma began... who to invite. She went back and forth and slowly the number of invitees increased to 4. I'm a sucker. So I made arrangements at my salon and took 5 little girls a 6 year old, three 7 year olds, and one 8 yr old to get a pedi. For 3 it was their first time - I hope their moms don't hate me later when they are begging to go back.




They had a great time and the salon treated them nice. Here are their toes afterwards. We came back to my house and I painted all of their nails and put designs on them. Then we had a dance party... nothing like 5 girls dancing to Justin Beiber and Miranda Cosgrove. It was cute. We paused for pizza and cake and 3 hours later, we had a quiet house! My good friend took Brock so his sister could enjoy herself but she saved cake and "soda" specifically for him  - too cute!

It was a great day. I like making it about her. I am so thankful and BLESSED to have the gift of Kiera. I thank God daily for allowing me to raise her. I pray that I am doing a good job.

Blog

I hope to try and update my blog in the early mornings... since I still haven't had the umpfh to get up at 4am and run... as it gets hotter I may need to get it though! I need to be kept accountable when my marathon training starts on Monday.... so I have to update! If you are racing this weekend... I know several have Seattle RnR... let me know so I can pray for your specifically!!!!!


8 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Bday to your little girl....I know what you mean about the parties....we finally let my 5 year old have one this year, the amount of $ some of these people spent on presents for him was crazy!

ajh said...

Cute picture of all the toes.

misszippy said...

Yes the weather is really getting hot around here now--I just keep thinking it will make us stronger! Happy birthday to your little one. Totally feel you on the b-day parties...they can get ridiculous. I am a big 'ole scrooge on my kids' parties, but I really think they aren't missing anything.

H Love said...

I would love some prayers. Not sure if I will be able to jog/walk or just watch from the sidelines. Thanks!

*~*~* Tracy said...

Happy birthday to your girlie! Love the pedis!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! And, I agree that some birthday parties have gotten a little out of hand!

gba_gf said...

such a cute birthday party idea! I bet I could get C to do that next year... she'll be 11 ~gasp~ And it's got to be better than some of the options.