John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Friday, June 4, 2010

June Goals

I have been delayed in posting my June Goals... and delayed in working on them as well. My excuse? Well, life has gotten in the way. Today my daughter, Kiera, had her field day. And her father surprised us and showed up at lunch and stayed until the tug-of-war... yes, in a shirt and tie. It was hot out there.


Without further delay, my June goals (and please keep me accountable) are:
  1. Run 6 days a week
  2. Get weekly mileage to 40
  3. Get on the track once a week and do speed work
  4. Run hill repeats (especially after my horrible 5k last Monday)
  5. Start my marathon training program on June 20th
  6. Do P90X for cross training 2x/week
Also, I am thinking about upgrading Lola.
Any advice out there? Forerunner 310XT? Forerunner 305?
Bob is picking my up at 5:45 am to run. Here is an excerpt from his email: "We would go out 5 miles and back 5 miles recording out times at each mile. Challenge #1 is to hold a steady, predictable pace. Challenge #2 is for the last 2 miles to be faster than the first 2 miles. What makes challenge #2 difficult is that for miles 1-3 it is a slight decline on the outbound leg and a slight incline on the inbound leg. Miles 4 and 5 are another story which we can keep as a surprise." I'm scared.... very scared!

13 comments:

ajh said...

That is the same marathon plan I am pretty sure I will be following (have used it many times now) but I will probably start June 7th. I want to give myself an extra week and will plan 19 weeks instead of 18 for unexpected illness/travel. Good luck!

ajh said...

Forgot to ask, is it MCM that you are training for? I am still deciding. If you see my last post I had 5 possibilities but think I have narrowed it to two.

Syl said...

There are no words to describe my love for my garmin 305 - buy it you won't regret it.
I would suggest getting it at costco though, much cheaper than any where else, or atleast I found.

Unknown said...

Sound great and very much like my plan! It will be fun to train for a marathon with so many other bloggie buddies!
Learn to love those hills :)

H Love said...

Sounds great! You are doing great! What marathon plan are you using? When is your marathon?

Laurie said...

Wow, Bob sounds like he has quite the run planned. Can't wait to hear how it turns out. Good luck!

Rene' said...

i have the 310xt and have not looked back. i think that you should go for it. also, love your goals. i have been thinking about cross training with the p90x, but wondering if i would be just as well off at the gym two days a week. good luck!

Lauren said...

I have the 205 and it's great... same as the 305 except no heart rate monitor. If you need the heart rate monitor i say go for the 305... the 405 has not gotten very good reviews :D

Unknown said...

i have the 205 and really like it. if/when it dies, i'm looking for another or possibly the 305 for the HR monitor.

Julie @ ROJ Running said...

I have the 305 and I really like it. I had not read good things about the 405 and I'm not sure about the xt or whatever the upgrade to 305 is. I have not used my HR stuff but I know people who like it a lot and I know I should

Tricia said...

hope youre having a great weekend!

RunningFromCancer said...

Sounds like you have found a great coach. Great work out plan. Enjoy and have fun.

Suzy said...

Love your coach! It sounds like a good fit. I love my 305. Do you plan on using the heart rate monitor? Think about it because if you are then the 305 might be right for you.