He arrived at my driveway just after 8pm (it is hot here in MD - 84 degrees at 8pm) and we set off for the track. Montgomery College is 1.5 miles from our neighborhood and we took it easy about 10:30 mile. Once we got to the intimidating track, he went over the basics with me. You know, posture, leaning and arm position. We set out to jog 100s, and sprint 100s.
We ran the first 3 laps together and after being waved on, I did 3 more laps by myself. It was harder to push myself fast for the 100s without someone to run against. I did my best, I learned a lot about myself and best of all, I want to do it again. Yes, that is right. I enjoyed the speed workout. I know I can get better in this area. We talked more on our jog 1.5 miles home about strategies and other tips for running that I know nothing about.
And in my mailbox this morning, a loaner gift from Bob - Chi Running and a note to start on Chapter 4. I cannot wait to get started. I am sure I am behind the times and EVERYONE has read this book already, but I am going to give it a whirl this week.
With this award, I am to pass it on to 7 people and tell you 7 things you do not know about me. The first part is easy, but the second part - well, since my life is an open book, I am not sure I will be able to come up with 7 things you do not know about me. But I will give it my best shot:
- My dream job is to be the United Nations Ambassador to the UN Security Council. I did Model UN in high school and loved it. I always liked politics but I am afraid I am just too honest in this world of dishonest politicians. Not sure I would survive.
- I am currently pursing my Masters of Divinity in Youth Ministry at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, DC. By pursing I mean, I have only taken 1 class because it is super expensive and as a stay-at-home-mother for the last 7 years... we just do not have the money to use. I have been working 3 part time jobs this year and saved almost 80% of my earnings to pay for classes (and books) for the Fall.
- I REALLY like Middle School children. If I could specialize in Youth Ministry, it would totally be with MH youth. I think this is such an impressionable age that I want to help them love themselves, be kind to others and KNOW God! I was 2 classes short to teach MH (certified to teach High School History in NC) and if I did not live in a county where parents are teachers worst nightmare, I would consider going back and getting those 2 classes and getting certified in Maryland. There is always private school too.
- I love babies which is essentially why I agreed to watch Baby A this year (who would have thought that pushing the jogging stroller with a baby would have been the best training ever!!!). I would have 5 more kids if my husband would agree. I have two healthy beautiful blessings from God, but I would love to have more. I am so jealous that my twin sister is delivering a baby boy (her third) in a matter of weeks. I have EASY pregnancies and even EASIER deliveries... I was born to reproduce!
- My husband is 20 years older than me. I was the first girl that he introduced to his parents. I met Lyle fixing his computer when I worked in computers for the Federal Government. I thought he was younger, he thought I was older... the rest is history. He is 9 years younger than my dad and 10 years younger than my mom. I have always been attracted to intelligent older men - think Richard Gere, so I got both in Lyle. Perhaps that is why he cut me off from having more children.
- I worked for the US Secret Service before becoming a stay-at-home-mother. I cannot tell you what I did or I would have to kill you - just kidding, but it was an amazing job. I loved everything about it including the travel. I could go back, but to go from being a SAHM to travelling would be hard.
- I would love to get a sub 4 hour marathon time at my marathon in October. I do not think I will or even can as it is my first one, but to do that... wow. If I did, it would be my last one ever (and it still may be).
- Janet at The Schilling Family. My twin sister, ultimate friend...
- Melissa at Melissa's Paperie. My friend (went to West Palm Beach with me) and an amazing artist - check out her cards.
- Kirsten at Kirsten-a runner, a triathlete.... My sister (in-law) who is a true inspiration.
- Carly at Chubby Chics Run Too. Carly was my first blog world friend and I love the way she writes.
- Tricia at Endurance Isn't Only Physical. Tricia also was one of my first blog world friends and has amazing giveaways not to mention strength!
- Dorothy at Mile Posts. A runner close to me and I want to find out more about her.
- Momof3 at Neurosis of the Stay at Home Mom of 3 who is funny and rocks at running.