John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Monday, December 14, 2009

1 Corinthians 8:8 (CEV)

"But food doesn't bring us any closer to God. We are no worse off if we don't eat, and we are no better off if we do." 1 Corinthians 8:8

I think it is important to take care of ME. As a stay-at-home-mother, part-time caregiver of an almost 6 month old, part-time youth minister, and full time complainer, I struggle with taking care of me. I do get much pleasure from taking care of or helping others. I seem to glow when I have helped someone who is in need, but if I do not take care of myself, how can I help others?

I think the competition allowed me to finally, really and truly put myself first (well, almost first, God is the first in my life). After the competition was over, I found myself reverting back to my old ways. I have decided to put myself near the top of my list again. And I have convinced my husband to help me.

When Lyle asked me what I wanted to CHRISTmas, I said, "Personal Training at the gym... better yet, for both of us." Of course he hesitated because of the expense. I told him that we make improvements to our house every new year... why not improve our health. After a little while, he agreed. So, tomorrow begins 12 sessions for the both of us. I am excited and even more because we are doing this as a team. Heopfully, we can encourage each other and really watch what we put in our mouths.

This season is filled with me making my Peanut Butter Balls and other holiday cookies. I have only tried a couple so far... let's hope our Personal Training sessions that are starting before the New Year (good strategy, right?), will keep me motivated. And of course, Benny is bringing it back for us as she will be working with Lyle and I.

I pray that we are not in too much pain tomorrow evening.

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love your diplomatic approach and patience in presenting this great idea to Lyle! You know how to appeal to his logical side. Really excited for this adventure the two of you are embarking on together!