2. I do NOT enjoy running by myself. This morning, I ran 4 outside and the last 2 inside because I was up too late and did not wake up in time to do the whole workout before my husband left. No, I am not lazy! I was outside running by 4:30am, but hubby leaves at 5am, so I had to be back. It was easier to run outside than on Milles, but my mirror rather enjoyed my strip show. The BEST part about running inside is that I can run in virtually anything... or in this case, practically nothing!
3. I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and she mentioned that she still had a "fat" picture of me as my contact picture in her phone. It alarmed and intrigued me. She said that she liked that she knew me "then" but my whole reaction... was, "why did you like me better then?" And honestly, her answer didn't surprised me. Her round-about-protect-my-feelings answer was YES! Apparently, my weight loss has increased my confidence (or in her eyes: obnoxious workout all the time attitude) and she missed the old me. WOW! I was hoping I was encouraging her to get healthy.... but apparently I have been jamming it down her throat!
4. We have not been having the best summer in the Green household. Kiera has been incredibly "leechy" since school has been out. Did I mention she is 8. Then topped with her "stomach aches" at convenient times and her inability for me to leave her without hysterics has left me begging for time alone. Brock has been having what he calls "visions" so his eye appointment is this afternoon and has been refusing to go to bed... or to have one of us sleep with him. Yeah, he is 6.5 years old. So, my husband decided: NO VACATION for us! He believes it just isn't worth us being away from home to be miserable, plus we were staying with "older" friends who haven't had kids living with them for 20+ years... not the best idea. I think we are going to try to do day trips... which can be fun, but still mean I have to do laundry and cook! BOOO!
5. Not only am I obsessed with my training, I am obsessed with cleaning, organizing... de-cluttering. I cannot stand CLUTTER! I am not saying you can eat off the toilet seats on anything (well, right now you can because I scrubbed the bathrooms this morning and they haven't been used since), but clutter, messes really drive me crazy. And my kids (and husband) like to just "drop" things where ever they are. I am constantly tossing (perhaps gently ;-) ) their stuff to them to get it off of my counters, tables, stairs. Why can't people (my family) simply put things where they belong? Oh and the best part is sometimes, they "claim" they don't know where it goes. Really? You really think shoes belong on the kitchen table or a hair brush belongs on the couch? COME ON PEOPLE!
6. My stitches come out today at 3pm... hopefully, as long as I am healed enough. Supposed to wait until Friday, but the doctor was leaving town and I am supposed to swim that 2 mile OWS for charity on Sunday, so she agreed to evaluate them today. Praying they come out... and if they do, I will be swimming this evening!!!!!
After re-reading these, I think I need to spend more time being THANKFUL. Guess, I am bringing back Thankful Thursday.... maybe 4T - Three Things Thankful Thursday!