John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." NIV

Monday, January 18, 2010

Going strong

I wanted to updated everyone about my progress (and Lyle's). As you know we started Personal Training with the famous Benny at Rio Sport & Health. We have had 7 sessions and Lyle and I are both down 5 pounds. And another change is that we are eating so healthy.

Lyle is such a motivator. He does not even budge from his healthy eating. Who knew that if I got him to spend money on personal training that he would become a fanatic.

Today, we took a short walk with the kids and the dog. I walked a couple of miles with a friend and a pretty fast pace, went to the gym and ran 2 miles and walked 1 mile with the treadmill at 15% incline. My heart rate was between 150 and 178. And the interesting thing was that my heart rate was faster when I was walking up the incline.

Tomorrow is our 8th workout with Benny and so far we have been quite impressed with how our workouts differ each session. We haven't had time to get bored, which is essential.

I will keep you posted and hope we continue to be big LOSERS!

0 comments: